Awnings make your outdoor living spaces a pleasant place to be in the summer.
- Retractable awnings come in a wide variety of styles and sizes, like the patio and pergola shade and the motorized retractable awning.
- This may seem like a small thing, but awnings are seen as exterior upgrades to the home that add value and curb appeal. If the day ever comes that you decide to sell your house, this translates into more money from the sale.
- In terms of an investment that you can see here and now, awnings help to lower your summer electric bill by reducing your cooling costs. An awning can lower the temperature in your home by at least 15 degrees and reduce heat gain in your home by as much as 77 percent.
- In the winter, the awning can be retracted to allow the sun to warm your home and help to reduce your heating costs.
- Your awning can also help to protect your outdoor furnishings from fading as well, while also protecting your deck or patio from the elements.
- Your awning can also help you to get more use out of your deck or patio. You may have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars updating your deck, but you find that you haven’t been able to use it as much as you’d like because of extreme heat or other inclement weather conditions.
- Having an awning allows you to get your money’s worth from your outdoor space.
- You can sit outside in almost any weather without worry.
- An awning also helps to extend your home’s livable space.